Saturday, October 28, 2006

Chocolate Dipped Fruit


Does anyone know how to make good chocolate dipped fruit? I've never done this before, but I would LOVE to try it. If anyone has a good recipe please let me know! Thanks.

I haven't tried this recipe, but just found it on the Hershey's website:
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 tablespoon shortening(do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
  • Assorted fresh fruit, washed and chilled

Directions:
1. In heavy saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.

2. Allow mixture to cool slightly. Dip fruit or fruit slices about 2/3 of the way into chocolate mixture. Shake gently to remove excess chocolate.

3. Place on wax-paper-covered tray. Refrigerate, uncovered, until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes. About 1/2 cup coating.

MICROWAVE INSTRUCTIONS: In small microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Allow to cool slightly. Dip and serve fruit as directed above.


5 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger aja said...

Hi,
I usually just melt good (70%) chocolate (or white chocolate) in a bowl over hot water and then keep it melted while I dip. Make sure the fruit is dried off before dipping. Put the dipped fruit onto a piece of waxed paper or silicon paper to harden. Another trick is to buy a syringe with a large needle and inject Cuantro, Triple Sec or any other alcohol that you like with strawberries into the hollow center of the berry after the chocolate has set. It takes a couple of tries to get the hang of it but it is worth the extra effort. Yummy

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Can't help you with this one....but would definitely "sample" the results. You know the story of me and chocolate by now!! That picture makes me want to lick my monitor...I'm pathetic.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger mellowlee said...

Thanks Aja, those are great tips!!! I can't wait to try it out!

Deb - I know what you mean. The main reason I posted this now, is that I just happened to come across that photo of the stawberry, which was just too good not to post!!!!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Dipped fruit always looks so beautiful and tastes so wonderful, but has always seemed like too much work. But if you were to have a group of friends over and have a dipped fruit making party, that would be another story entirely.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger karen said...

Good lord. That all looks a bit gorgeous. Reckon you're right about a dipped fruit making party Barb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home