Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Halloween Pizza

I was rather surprised when I was asked to be a contributor on this site. Honestly I couldn't cook to save my own life, so I was unsure what I would have to contribute that would be anywhere near as good as the other recipes on here. I think this blog's going to come in handy for me as I learn to cook things that don't have recipes on the box.

As my first contribution, I'd like to put forth something that will actually taste good, unlike the delicious pasta in a decadant cheese sauce with seasoned pork cutlettes (i.e. Kraft Dinner and sliced hotdogs) that I could make without instruction or supervision. And it comes just in time for Halloween!













Halloween Pizza Cookie

Ingredients:


1(18-oz.) roll Pillsbury® Refrigerated Sugar Cookies
1/2cup creamy peanut butter
1cup candy corn
1/2cup semisweet chocolate chips
Icing
1/4cup vanilla ready-to-spread frosting (from 16-oz. can)

Cooking Instructions:

1 . Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12-inch pizza pan with foil; grease foil. Cut cookie dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices; arrange in bottom of greased foil-lined pan. With floured fingers, press slices to form crust.
2 . Bake at 350°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
3 . Using foil lining, lift crust from pan; carefully remove foil from crust. Place crust on serving platter or tray. Spread peanut butter evenly over crust. Sprinkle evenly with candy corn and chocolate chips.
4 . Melt 1/4 cup frosting in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until thin and of drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over cookie pizza. Cut into wedges or squares.


---

Now don't go around trying to tell me you couldn't eat that as meal, because you totally could.

(And you wouldn't just smile politely and make over-exaggerated mmmmmm sounds and then spit it into a napkin when I wasn't looking, like you would have with my KD and hotdogs. This will actually taste good!)

6 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Candy Corn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mom and I are the only people I know who like candy corn, and by default I'd try anything that uses it.
Sounds very interesting.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Alana Elliott said...

Mmmmm...candy corn. It's so good! Me and my Mom are fans of it too. It does look like an interesting cookie...pizza...type thing, hey? Who could refuse a pizza with candy on it??

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger mellowlee said...

MMMMMM looks easy too.

haha, see, this is why you were invited to be part of the blog. It needed a touch of Alananess too it :)

Hey, I wonder if I could have this for breakfast

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Linds and I will be making these suckers. She hates pizza, but I suppose she'll think it's alright after having this kind.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Yes,I need some of that!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger 668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

i LOVE your description of krafter dinner and wieners...

alas, i do not share the love of candy corn..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home