Friday, November 10, 2006

"A's Vanilla Cake"

This is a family recipe, we never really came up with a real name, nor do I have any pictures, sorry. We started calling it "A's cake" because I used to ask my Mom to make it for my birthday. This cake doesn't need icing, its very spongy.

5 eggs
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 cups of flour
3 tsp of baking powder
1 cup of Vegetable Oil
1 package of Vanilla Sugar (Dr.Oetker)
1/2 cup of milk

Mix sugar and eggs. Stir in everything else. Butter and flour pan, bake at 375' for 20 minutes. (The time may be off, use the needle test).

3 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

My mom always used Dr Oetker's vanilla sugar! I'd love to try making this one.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Its really the easiest cake ever. My mom would make it once a month, in our old slab cake pan. Then a round pan for birthdays, so good.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Must try it. Spongey cakes are a hit with Dad, he likes them with strawberry sauce so I'll make this for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home